“TECH ESCAPE” is an event which provides a platform to students who are passionate about Basic Science and material sciences. This event is being conducted to make Science more "ENTERTAINING, EXCITING AND FUN". We are here to encourage studying science making everyone enjoy it as everything around us is SCIENCE. Not only practical thinking but logical reasoning and situation-based thinking ability of the participants will be tested in the competition.
The main objectives are as follows:
1. To test the basic knowledge of science of students.
2. To make students explore more about the materials, physical and chemical approach used in day-to-day life.
Event Abstract: The teams crash at a faraway unknown planet. And they must get out of there soon as they have limited amount of oxygen left with them. But escape and survive they must solve the riddles and puzzles in front of them. And for every wrong answer they'll lose some amount of oxygen. The team which repairs their spaceship and escapes the planet wins.
Questions will be based on scientific knowledge. They will be in the form of riddles and puzzles. A series of challenges with escalating difficulties and escalating grades, the higher you go you will get more grades and for every wrong guess you will be penalized.
1. There will be total 10 rounds. Each round will contain 1 riddle/puzzle.
2. 2 hints will be provided throughout the competition. Each hint will consume 20 sec of your total oxygen(time).
3. Each round will be of 3 min.
4. The points will be given based on accuracy and quickness of the answer. Vice versa points will be deducted for incorrect answers.
After the final round the cumulative scores will be considered and the teams with highest scores will be declared as winners. There will be no elimination and all teams must participate in all the rounds.
Team size: Max 2 participants per team
Registration fee: ₹ 99 per team
1. Participants must bring their registration receipts and valid college IDs (For college students) or any valid ID (For others) while coming to the event.
2. For every correct answer the team will be promoted to next round.
3. The faster you answer the remaining time will be rolled over to next round.
4. The team failed to answer any round will be eliminated.
5. The team with the highest points will be declared as winner.
6. Use of any form of electronic media is strictly not allowed. Any team found in violation will be disqualified on the spot.
7. The judges’ and organizers’ decision will be final, binding to all and irrevocable.
8. The judges’ and organizers’ have full right to disqualify any team if caught practising any misconduct or violation of rules.
9. Rules may be changed without prior intimation. Participants are requested to check the MindSpark’22 website (www.mind-spark.org) regularly for updates.
10. A common hint will be provided if all the teams fail to answer the round.
• If number of participants are less than 10 then only 2 winners will be selected.
• If number of participants are less than 5 then only 1 winner will be selected.
• If number of participants are less than or equal to 3 then event will be cancelled.
Q. On what topics the riddles and puzzles will be based on?
A. The riddles and puzzles will be based on basic concepts of physics and chemistry (specifically materials science).
Q. Can I participate in other events at MindSpark’22?
A. You are allowed to participate in as many events at MindSpark’22 as long as you are able to manage your own schedule.
Q. Who can participate in this event?
A. Anyone can participate. No age barriers.
Q. Do team members have to be from the same college?
A. No, team members can be from any year, any branch and any institution. However, one person cannot be a part of two teams for the same event.
Q. Can I register on the spot?
A. Yes, you may register on the spot, but at your own risk. The organizers can put a cap on the number of registrations anytime.
Q. Are cross college teams allowed?
A. Yes, cross college teams are allowed. However, one participant cannot be a part of more than one teams for the same event. But both members need to show their valid ID cards.
To participate in the event click on the Register Button.
If you have any queries regarding this event feel free to contact following :
+91 90752 20023