Sponsored by -
Search N Destroy is basically a line-following and maze-solving competition. A track of white lines on black backgrounds and black lines on white backgrounds will be laid out and an autonomous robot must follow that line. The robot must complete a task. The path will have checkpoints. Each checkpoint will earn some points based on the number of checkpoints covered; the time taken to cover these checkpoints as well as the task completed will decide the points earned by the robot. The team which follows the correct path the fastest will be the winner
Team size (max): 5 participants per team
Registration fee : Rs 250 per team
1. Each contesting team will be given 2 minutes as a dry run on the arena.
2. In the dry run, teams can calibrate sensors and explore the entire arena to find the desired path.
3. Junctions will not be disclosed during the dry run.
4. After a dry run, the programming of the robot is not allowed.
5. The starting procedure of the bot must be simple and must not involve giving the bot any manual force or impulse in any direction.
6. The game will last 5 minutes. Even if the operator is still adjusting the sensors or the bot is searching for checkpoints, the run-time clock will start after 2 minutes of dry run and end after 3 minutes of game play.
7. Once the match is started, only one member of each team, i.e., the operator, will be allowed to enter the arena after obtaining permission from the organizers.
8. The match will start from the start zone. The machine will start only in one direction as specified by the organizers. It cannot start in either direction. The operator may abort the run at any time.
9. The robot can push the cube only after completing all the checkpoints.
10.The robot should not physically damage the wall or the cube.
As shown, the arena will have multiple checkpoints. All the checkpoints will be black in color. It is mandatory to cross through a minimum of 4 checkpoints, including the finish line. A checkpoint will be considered as cleared only when the entire robot crosses through it.
1. If an operator touches the robot during a run, this will be considered a hand
touch and the robot must be put back at the last restart or checkpoint crossed.
(Robots can be removed after the completion of a match, e.g., after placing
2. The operator can take any number of hand touches with prior permission from the organizers, there is no penalty for a hand touch (with prior permission), though the robot must be placed back at the start or last checkpoint crossed.
3. Even if a participant takes a hand touch, the clock will keep running and will not be reset as the robot starts again from the previous restart point.
4. If a robot "gets into trouble," the operator can ask the judge for permission to take a hand touch and restart the robot at the start or last checkpoint. If the operator touches the robot without the prior permission of the judge during run time, 10 points will be deducted.
1. Any team that is not ready at the time specified will be disqualified from the competition automatically.
2. The machine will be checked for its safety before the match and will be discarded if found unsafe for other participants and spectators.
3. It should not make any marks on the floor, if any robot found damaging the arena will be immediately disqualified.
4. Only one member of the team is allowed to handle the robot.
5. Participants are not allowed to keep anything inside the arena other than their autonomous robots.
6. Laptops or personal computers are not allowed near the arena. Other Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. devices must be switched off. The organizers retain the right to check for these devices and their usage.
7. No robot is allowed to use any flammable, combustible, explosive, or potentially dangerous processes.
8. The time measured by the organizers will be final and will be used for scoring the teams. Time measured by any contestant by any other means is not acceptable for scoring.
9. A max score of 4 checkpoints will be given.
10.The operator must wear socks
1. Each checkpoint carries 20 points.
2. On selecting the correct path, 15 points will be given at each junction.
3. Placing the box in the green zone carries 45 points.
Max points = 150
In case of a tie in scores between two teams, teams will be given preference based on the following criteria in the given order:
1. The number of junctions correctly followed the given by the organizers.
2. The minimum time taken by robots to cross the same number of checkpoints.
3. The minimum number of hand touches.
4. To be decided by the organizers.
1. A team once registered cannot register again, even with a different name.
2. A team may consist of a maximum of 5 members.
1. NO power supply will be provided during the match, but it can be provided for battery charging purposes.
2. We are NOT going to provide any type of computer, software, laptop, programmer, IC in any case.
To participate in the event click on the Register Button.
If you have any queries regarding this event feel free to contact following :