Retracer is an event that tests participants’ ability to find out the hidden logic behind apparently disconnected entities. This event allows the participants to make the full use of their thinking capabilities to get to the results quickly yet carefully. It is an event for those who go beyond the traditional approach of identifying 4 as 2 + 2, 3+1, 4+0 and so on.
ROUND 1 :
This round will consist of multiple choice questions. Participants will be asked to identify patterns in the given problem inputs and outputs and choose the governing algorithm or code snippets from the given options. The teams with maximum number of logically correct answers to MCQs will proceed to the next round.
ROUND 2 :
Teams will be allotted problem statements containing program input and their respective output. The teams will be asked to develop their own programs to solve the problem for any test case. The judging criteria will be time required to produce error free code as well as the code efficiency.
Participants are expected to follow good coding practices.
10 teams will be short listed from round 1 for round 2
Team size: Max 2 participants per team
Registration fee: ₹ 99 per team
1. The environment will be either Ubuntu 14.04 OS with gedit/vim/emacs as text editor and gcc as compiler OR Windows 7 with Turbo C / Dev C++ (as per the team’s choice).
2. Time slots will be given and participants are expected to follow it strictly.
3. Participants are expected to give their correct contact details, so as to inform them about the results.
4. Further details of the round will be disclosed at the time of event.
5. Rules may be changed without prior intimation. Participants are requested to check the MindSpark’22 website (www.mind-spark.org) regularly for updates.
6. In case of any disputes, the decision of the organizers and the judges will be final and binding to all.
7. Team members may be from different colleges/institutions but one participant may not be a part of multiple teams for the same event.
• If number of participants are less than 20 then only 2 winners will be selected.
• If number of participants are less than 5 then only 1 winner will be selected.
• If number of participants are less than or equal to 3 then event will be cancelled.
Q. What is the team structure?
A. The team should consist of maximum two participants.
Q. Can I participate in other events at MindSpark’22?
A. You are allowed to participate in as many events at MindSpark’22 as long as you are able to manage your own schedule.
Q. Do I have to bring anything?
A. College ID Cards and receipt of registration are compulsory; you may carry pen or pencil, if you wish to work out a rough plan for rounds 2 and 3.
Q. Can I register on the day of the event?
A. Registrations are open even on the event day. But if the number of teams is exceeding the limit set by us, on spot registrations may be closed. It is highly recommended that registration be done prior to the event day.
Q. Which IDE (Integrated Development Environment) will be provided?
A. The environment provided will be Ubuntu 14.04 OS with emacs/vim/gedit as text editor and gcc as compiler or Windows 7 OS with Turbo C/ Dev C++, depending on choice of the participating teams. COEP recommends Linux.
To participate in the event click on the Register Button.
If you have any queries regarding this event feel free to contact following :
+91 72186 22063